By using the Website you consent to the collection/retention and use of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Information that we collect from you
We collect information about you and providing such information is strictly voluntary:
- When you provide us with your personal details (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address, etc.) by registering with us or submitting an enquiry via the Website;
- When you respond to surveys which we ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- From your usage of the Website and any other information you post on the Website, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
We collect and store only the following information about you: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our Website, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked to our Website. This information is only used to fulfil your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists
Use of your information
We use your information:
- For internal record keeping;
- To enable us to supply you with the goods, services and information which you have requested;
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the Website;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To contact you (by email, phone, fax or mail) for market research purposes from time to time;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We also use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our Website, and to help us make our Website more useful to visitors.
Use of links
Throughout our Web pages, we provide links to other servers, which may contain information of interest to our readers. We take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, the organisations, views, or accuracy of the information contained on other servers. Creating a text link from your website to our Website does not require permission. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Be informed, you are the person best qualified to protect your own privacy. If you have a link you’d like us to consider adding to our Website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Link request.”
Use of text and images
If you would like to publish information that you find on our Website, please send your request to email@example.com.
This Website is designed to be accessible to visitors with disabilities, and to comply with general guidelines concerning accessibility. We welcome your comments. If you have suggestions on how to make the Website more accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children and privacy
Subject to RIS registered students, for children who visit our Website, special rules apply. We do not request personal information about children, such as first and last name or street address and city. When children send email to us, their online contact information (email address) is not used to re-contact them and is not maintained in retrievable form.
Storage of your information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
Authorised personnel within RIS will be able to access the information you provide to us. We may also disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in the policy or for purposes approved by you.
Unless required or permitted to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
We will use materials and images of your child for marketing purposes. If you do not want them to be used for such purposes, please inform the school in writing.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This information is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, does not identify any individual. It is used to inform improvements to the website, for system administration, and to report aggregate information to third parties.
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. Please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
Online profile updates
If you complete a Profile update form and share your personally identifying information, this information will be used only to provide you with more targeted content. We may use your contact information to send further information about our organisation or to contact you when necessary. We may contact you by email and SMS. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then you may always opt- out of receiving future mailings; see the “Opt-Out” section below.
Sending us an email
You also may decide to send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a Web form that provides us this information. We use personally identifying information from email primarily to respond to your requests. We may forward your email to other employees who are better able to answer your questions. We may also use your email to contact you in the future about our programmes that may be of interest.
We want to be very clear: We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our Website, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. Except as might be required by law, we do not share any information we receive with any parties outside TEG.
If you sign up for one of our email lists, we will only send you the kinds of information you have requested. We won’t share your name or email address with any outside parties.
Opt-Out or change your contact information
Our Website provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us. You may choose to receive only specific communications or none at all. You may also update your contact information previously provided to us. You cannot remove yourself from our database, but you can prevent unwanted communication. Kindly write to us at email@example.com if you wish to opt-out or change your contact information.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on the Website.
Questions about our policies
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records in return for which we charge a small fee. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this Website, or your dealings with this Website, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or other relevant country.
WEBSITE TERM OF USE
Use of our websites
This accessibility statement applies only to the RIS website at www.rizq.edu.my. It does not apply to any other site, including any site that is linked from our pages.
All trade names, trademarks and other logos on RIS website are proprietary to their respective owners and are protected by applicable trademark and copyright laws. The content, layout, design, data, databases and graphics on this website are protected by Malaysian and other intellectual property laws and are owned by Tujusama Global’s Education Group or its licensors. Unless expressly permitted in writing in a license agreement, no part of the website may be reproduced, stored in any medium, including but not limited to a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, broadcasting) nor, shown in public other than websites within Tujusama Global’s Education Group.
- RIS Website Content includes but is not limited to various write-ups and reports, links to other websites, opinions, text, data, images, photos, graphics, graphs, charts, animations, multimedia and interactive displays on the website.
- None of RIS Website Content may be copied or otherwise reproduced, repackaged, further transmitted, transferred, disseminated, redistributed or resold, or stored for subsequent use for any such purpose, in whole or in part, in any form or manner or by any means whatsoever, by any person without RIS prior written consent.
- Nothing contained on RIS Website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any of the names, trademarks and other logos displayed on the Website without the express written permission of RIS.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to any of our sites constitutes a violation of their rights, including without limitation, their intellectual property rights, reputational rights or of their right to privacy.
- The website may contain forward-looking statements which are based on RIS current expectations, forecasts and assumptions based on management’s good faith expectations and belief concerning future developments. In some cases forward-looking statements may be identified by forward-looking words like “would”, “intend”, “hope”, “will”, “may”, “should”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “estimate”, “predict”, “continue”, or similar words. Forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual outcomes and results to differ materially from RIS expectations, forecasts and assumptions. We caution that these forward-looking statements are not statements of historical facts and are subject to risks and uncertainties not in the control of RIS, including, without limitation, economic, competitive, governmental, regulatory, technological, virus and other factors that may affect RIS operations. Unless otherwise required by law, RIS disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise. Although we believe the expectations reflected in forward-looking statements are reasonable we cannot guarantee future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements.
- RIS Website Content to the fullest extent permitted by law, is provided on an “as is” basis, without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to accuracy. Due to the number of sources from which RIS Website Content is obtained, and the potential hazards of electronic distribution, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in the RIS Website Content. RIS is not liable for any loss or damage to any person upon reliance to the contents on the website.
- RIS does not make any guarantee or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of or results to be obtained from accessing and using RIS Website Content or that this website or its server are free of computer viruses or other harmful items, nor any material that can be accessed through RIS website.
RIS and on behalf of RIS directors, officers and employees disclaim any and all warranties, and exclude liability for any losses and expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising, including without limitation to lost time, lost money, lost profits or good will, claims of third parties or other losses of any kind or character (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or lost profits) resulting from the use or inability to use the web site or the material, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not RIS is advised of the possibility of such damages.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
Photographs, videos and such may be taken at our events/courses for use in future RIS material. If there is an image or video of you or your child used anywhere on our website that you wish us to consider removing, please contact us at email@example.com.
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website.
You must not use our website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
You must not use our website to copy, publish or send mass mailings or spam.
You must not use our website to copy, publish or send material which is illegal or unlawful, or material which could give rise to legal action under Malaysian and other applicable law. All material you copy, publish or send via our website must not be defamatory, obscene, indecent, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; such material must not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights or rights of confidence, impinge upon any person’s privacy, or constitute incitement to commit a crime; further, material must not be misleading, deceptive, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing or menacing.
You agree that you shall not directly or indirectly attempt or actually disrupt, impair or interfere with, alter or modify the RIS Website Content;
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material posted upon our website.
We may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the posting of unsuitable material, including suspending or cancelling your account, restricting your access to our website, or commencing legal proceedings against you.
Legal disclaimer for website content
Information on this Website is provided for information purposes only. Any information obtained from this Website should be reviewed with an appropriate authority to determine its applicability to your particular needs. Great care has been taken to maintain the accuracy of the information provided on this Website. However, Rizq Educare Sdn Bhd, Tujusama Global’s Education Group and their employees are not responsible for errors or any untoward consequences arising from your use of this information.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Source Of Your Personal Data
Most, if not all, of your personal data was obtained from you directly, either from the following sources or from any other information you provided and this may include:
- Enquiry Form;
- Various type of Application and/or Registration Forms;
- All other School and/or support services related Request Forms;
- Previous qualification related documents and/or certificates.
In some instances, your personal data may have been obtained from external sources including, but not restricted to the following:
- From third parties such as previous educational institutions, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- Third party service providers and any other future third parties in relation or incidental to the above;
- Personal data which are available in the public domain;
- Personal data which may be collected from cookies through the use of the School’s website.
What Personal Data Do We Process?
The School needs to collect and process your child’s and your personal data for various academic, educational and administrative purposes. Generally, the personal data that we collect and process, include but is not restricted to:
Name, Identification number (NRIC), Passport number, Address, Contact numbers, Personal email address, Photo and images, Nationality, Student’s Gender, Date of birth, Previous qualification, Parents’/guardian’s marital status, Emergency contact person(s) details, Billing-related information, Employment/occupation
If the personal data is necessary to initiate any matter with the School, and you refuse to provide the personal data to the School, then the School will not be able to proceed further with your matter.
Sensitive Personal Data
Some of the personal data that we collect and process may include what is defined as ‘sensitive personal data’ under the Act and these include, but not restricted to:
Race, religion, health, records of misconduct and disciplinary action, records of criminal offence, family court orders
This sensitive information shall be treated carefully by the School and will only be used for specific purposes. It will not be released to a third party without your explicit consent unless it is necessary to protect your vital interests.
How Do We Use Our Personal Data?
The purpose for which personal data is collected and further processed includes, but not restricted to the following:
- To process application for admission;
- To manage and respond to enquiries;
- To maintain students’ personal details, academic and non-academic records;
- To facilitate the internships, placement or work experience as well as co-curricular related activities and other school events;
- To maintain a student/class register;
- To provide the relevant administrative support, counselling and pastoral services;
- To manage the use of facilities such as library, laboratories and so on;
- To administer the graduation and alumni related events;
- To administer the tuition fee and other payment;
- To communicate with students on any important announcements;
- To collect information for relevant local or international statutory authorities or exam boards;
- To contact student’s next of kin in case of emergency;
- To comply with any regulatory, audit or security related requirements
- To pursue/collect any sums in arrears by our parents/guardians;
- To care for the medical needs of students;
- For all and any other ancillary purposes relating to our provision of service e.g., the supply of computers, iPads, other forms of telecommunications and technology services;
- Any other purposes related to the smooth running of the School.
Provision Of Information
The provision of all information requested for in the relevant forms of the School is mandatory, unless specified otherwise, in enabling us to process your application/request and offer our services to you.
Should you fail to provide the said information, the School may be unable to process your request and/or provide you with the relevant services.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Data
RizQ Islamic School will keep your personal data confidential unless you have given the written consent to such disclosure or it is within the ambit of permitted disclosures under prevailing laws/guidelines. The School may disclose your information to the categories of third parties as listed below (not restricted to):
The Ministry of Education, other relevant government departments/agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- Malaysian Immigration Department and its appointed agencies;
- Foreign embassies and their appointed agencies;
- The student’s sponsors including his/her parents/guardians;
- Third parties that provide the internships or attachment placements;
- Professional or accreditation bodies;
- Examination boards;
- Third parties appointed by RIS to provide services to the School such as auditors, lawyers, contractors, printing companies, travel agencies, training organiser and insurance companies;
- Other institutions or companies with Tujusama Global’s Education Group.
Right To Access And Data Subject’s Obligation
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by the School under the Act. We will attempt to keep your records complete, accurate and up-to-date. If you have any reason to believe that your records with us are inaccurate, incomplete or not updated, please notify the School in a timely manner. If you wish to request for access to, or to correct data held by the School, or withdraw your consent to the data processing/use of your personal data by us, please forward your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
RizQ Islamic School reserves the right to charge you an administrative fee for processing any data access request.
Although, we only process your personal data for purposes as stated above, in the event that your personal data is being processed for other purposes (with your consent), you have the right to request us to stop such processing. You may exercise this right by contacting the School through aforementioned. However, if you choose not to provide and/or fail to supply us with such personal data (and/or decide not to give us consent to process your personal data, including explicit consent for sensitive personal data), we will not be able to perform the contract of enrolment or process your application for enrolment with us.
Accordingly, if you decide not to provide the mandatory information to us, it may necessarily mean that the Contract of Enrolment may have to be terminated or that an offer of a place of enrolment will not be made.
Any request to exercise your rights shall be administered as per the Act. Please be informed that pursuant to the Act, your request may be rejected in certain circumstances.
This Policy may be reviewed and amended from time to time. We will communicate such changes along with the updated Policy on the School website (http://www.rizq.edu.my), and/or other appropriate communication means as may determined by RizQ Islamic School. Parents and students are advised to visit the School website on a regular basis to check for any updates and changes on this Notice.