We use the integrated KSSR + Islamic Knowledge + Quran memorisation as our main tools to help learners to achieve their maximum potential with great Islamic values (KIQ). The KIQ is a national, up-to-date, comprehensive, and future-oriented curriculum programme aimed at Reception and Grade 1 till 6 learners to grow up in the 21st Century. It nurtures a love of learning and encourages key skills, competencies, and mind habits.
The curriculum has a few fundamental beliefs:
- Learning is about making connections and we ensure that all learners are given the opportunity to see the ‘Big Picture’.
- Relaxed alertness and destress, is the best learning state.
- Every learner has a portfolio of intelligence and it is our job to discover in which ways each learner is ‘smart’
- Children and adults access learning in different ways: A child may learn best through seeing, hearing or doing.
- Time is needed to create complex thinking time – “slow thinking” time.
- Good health is important for effective learning.
- The KIQ programme has an inquiry-based, thematic approach to the curriculum, which encourages subjects learning through a central idea. This provides excellent opportunities for learners to make meaningful connections and form new knowledge with deep understanding.